The signage outside of your business sets the tone for customers walking and driving by. Weathered, illegible siding never gives a good first impression! When you work with a professional sign design and installation company like East West Sign Group, you can rest assured that the final product will be high-quality and weatherproof. What makes a sign weatherproof?
What Are Weatherproof Signs?
Weatherproof signs are designed with special manufacturing processes and materials designed to prevent peeling, cracking and fading. The materials themselves will be weatherproof, and the inks and coatings will also be designed for outdoor use. Sign manufacturers know the right way to make your exterior signage last a long time without breaking the bank.
What Materials Are Best for Weatherproof Signs?
Some of the most popular weatherproof materials include:
- Aluminum: Aluminum outdoor signs are strong, sturdy and able to stand up to any type of weather. That’s why you can spot aluminum signs throughout towns and cities across the country! Aluminum is available in numerous thicknesses depending on where your sign will be mounted and the weather conditions expected.
- Dibond: Dibond is a signage material with a sturdy plastic core and an aluminum surface. It’s thicker than signs made from only aluminum, and it can be cut to match whatever design you have in mind. Unlike other signage materials, Dibond has a superior tolerance to weather extremes.
- Alumalite: This signage material has a strong corrugated plastic core that is sandwiched in between two pieces of aluminum. The hollow core gives Alumalite a unique level of panel strength and a high tolerance for rough weather conditions.
- Vinyl Banners: If you are looking for large or temporary signage, vinyl banners are a great choice. Nylon threading woven throughout the banner will help it stand up to wind, cold and heat without fading or tearing. Vinyl banners are also a great solution for companies seeking a budget-friendly option and evens like community festivals, fundraisers and sporting events.
- Dura-Wood: Do you want the traditional appeal of wood with the versatility of vinyl? Dura-Wood is the best solution! It feels and looks like wood, but works well with any full-color custom artwork and designs. Dura-Wood is very weather-resistant and can be used to make one or two-sided signs.
Weatherproof Signs from East West Sign Group
Designing and installing the right weatherproof business signage can be hard without an experienced partner. East West Sign Group knows all about sign design and installation, and we have worked with countless businesses to boost business with great signage. To learn more about how we can design the right sign for you, contact us today!