While electronic message centers and illuminated signs are popular ways to catch the attention of anyone walking or driving by, non-illuminated signs can still set your business apart from the rest.
Where Are Non-Illuminated Signs Used?
Thanks to the affordable and versatile nature of non-illuminated signs, these tools can be found in a variety of places. The most popular types include:
- Letter sets and logos that can be used inside or outside of your business
- Awnings, which are traditionally not illuminated, but still a great way to advertise your business
- Wayfinding signs to guide customers through your building or the area around your business
- Interior and exterior wall signs
Non-illuminated signs can be used almost anywhere, but these signs are especially common in places where local regulations restrict illuminated signs. Other businesses do not have the proper electric wiring to mount an electronic sign. Since you can make any number of shapes, layers or textures with unlit signs, the sky is the limit when it comes to making an engaging and effective sign.
Making Your Signage Pop
Dimensional signage is just as engaging as illuminated signage, and 3D lettering can be created from a number of materials including bronze, brass, stainless steel, aluminum, acrylic, metal laminate, PVC and high-density urethane (HDU). Any raised lettering should contrast with the background so that it is legible.
Non-illuminated signs are customized to meet the needs of countless businesses, and you might be surprised how many you encounter on a regular basis. Have you seen any of the following non-illuminated signs?
- Blade signs that stand out from walls, pillars or storefronts. These are common in urban areas and great for attracting attention on a crowded street.
- Dimensional lettering signs constructed of 3D letters or logos. These can be found above entrances and are very common at strip malls.
- Post and panel signs are traditionally used for wayfinding in cities, parks and areas where pedestrians need extra direction.
Business Signs from East West Sign Group
Designing and installing the right business signage can be hard without an experienced partner. East West Sign Group knows all about sign design and installation, and we have worked with countless businesses to boost business with great signage. To learn more about how we can design the right sign for you, contact us today!